Search This Blog

Monday, March 22, 2010

Flash

For my Elluminate lesson yesterday (during which my voice sounded reasonably okay), I used one of the timeline maps from Maps of War.  These timelines are pretty useful in my classes, they're pretty interesting and they get the point across well (the only drawback being the ones listed on the website are not plentiful).  It got me thinking that I would like to embed these flash videos into my powerpoints, rather than linking them from my powerpoints (atleast until HTML5 comes along). 

These are the instructions for embedding flash videos (.swf) into PowerPoint 2007.  I'm assuming that you have Shockwave installed on your computer. 

The steps...(images of each below)
  1. Open PowerPoint, and click the Office button in the upper left
  2. Click on PowerPoint options button at the bottom of the dropdown.
  3. Check the box next to Show developer tab in the Ribbon, then Okay.
  4. Click on the Developer tab that you just added (yay, you!) and then click the More Controls button, it has a wrench & hammer on it.
  5. Choose Shockwave Flash Object, click Okay.
  6. Click & drag the box to the size you want
  7. Right click the box and choose Properties
  8. Change the options (use the image below for reference)
  9. Close the properties box and start the PowerPoint (F5)
Images of each step (click to enlarge)...
1 & 2:

3: 
4:


5:

6-8:

    No comments:

    Post a Comment