Search This Blog

Thursday, March 4, 2010

That's Smart [board] !

At my school many (if not most) of the classrooms have been equipped with SmartBoards. I think the vast majority of them were acquired prior to the much maligned (insert scary music) "Budget Crisis", as I don't see the massive boxes lying about in the halls any longer. The unfortunate thing about these lovely devices is that many (again, if not most) people really don't know how to use them. They end up being overpriced projection screens, or in worse cases, they just hang on the wall like that ugly painting at your parents' house...eventually you just stop seeing it.

One of my terrific colleagues (again, MC), is taking a SmartBoard class, which I think is a fab idea-not just for her, but for me, too. I'm just taking the best ideas from the class for myself, so I get to reap the benefits without actually taking the class.

Two of my favorites today are:
  1. The  Screen Shade-it makes a covering so that you can go down information you're projecting and only allow students to only see individual portions at a time-See photo below for access (
  2. The Spotlight

No comments:

Post a Comment