Search This Blog

Friday, April 16, 2010

Fun!

I read a lot of tweets during the day (I'm a big fan of Twitter), and in a lot of the tweets, there are contests, quizzes and games to get people to click on links to go to fine blogs (like this one).  So, I was thinking, "Hey, I can do that with my kids!". Yesterday, I had my first Twitter quiz/contest.  I took a photo of Douglas MacArthur (we just finished WWII recently), and offered a prize to the first correct tweeted reply.  

I was actually surprised with how many responses I got (they were all correct), but it tells me that the kids are reading my Twitter feed, which I had wondered about.  I think this is a great way to keep kids thinking about your content.  It only takes them a second to reply, and if you don't use Twitter, you could even do this using Blackboard blogs, Blackboard announcements/kids reply with email or anything else you can think up.  I like keeping kids connected to learning and helping them become comfortable with new technologies is a great side effect.  

I think I'll do another one today!

No comments:

Post a Comment