Search This Blog

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Tunes

In my school division, copyright is a huge issue.  Central office seems to be very concerned (and rightly so, I suppose) about being sued for copyright violations committed by content groups as well as individual teachers.  Clearly some teachers are more concerned about being in compliance with copyright laws.  Most teachers I know have copied things illegally, and I understand why they do it.  Happily, more and more copyright free (or at least material that is usable for educational purposes) have popped up online.  I'll be trying to include as many of these as I can.

I found Royalty Free Music, which is handy, because not only does it have music that you are free to use, but it has music all in one place.  One of the major limitations I've experienced (as a History teacher) is that it can be time consuming and difficult to find usable music online without downloading potentially malicious software (like Limewire).  I've found that if YouTube doesn't have it, it's usually impossible to find.  Royalty Free Music does have limitations-there aren't that many files on it currently.  Hopefully, as more people use it, it will stay free and they will add more music to their catalog.  Try it out!  Some of their offerings are in the image below.  

What copyright-free sites do you use?


No comments:

Post a Comment