Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

John Hancock

I'm having my students do a project to review for state exams in May, but some kids can opt out, they just need to complete a form and send it to me.  A part of it requires that they read a statement and sign it.  Over the last few days, a large number of students have wanted to sign it without printing the document, so I directed them to MyLiveSignature.  I'm pretty fond of sites like this that enable you to make your digital signature and then save it.  The nice thing about MyLiveSignature is that you can use a touchpad (or mouse, which works better) to create your actual real signature or use their generator, customizing fonts, size, weight, etc if you can't get the hang of the mouse.

Using the mouse:

Using the generator:






Not only has it been helpful for my students, but I've used it in the past, as well.  It works well for things like child study narratives and correspondence, so rather than completing forms, printing, signing and scanning, I can just complete it and add my signature to the file.  I always save the final version as a PDF so I can be (reasonably) sure it won't be altered (at least easily).

No comments:

Post a Comment