Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Opera?

I tweeted about this before, but now I've had a bit more of a chance to play around with it. 

Good:
  • I like the tabbed browsing.  It's more like browsers on laptops.
  • I like how crazy fast it is.  It's a lot faster than Safari has been-the packaging of data definitely makes a difference.
  • I like the settings options, there is a lot of room for customization of your browsing experience.
  • I like that I can organize my bookmarks in folders.  
  • I like the startpage (it has tiled images of my frequently visited sites)
Not so Good:
  • I hate that I can't make it my default browser.  A lot of what I do on my iPhone (in terms of web browsing) is clicking through links, which seem to always default back to Safari so that's not great.  There doesn't seem to be an option to make it default browser, but I haven't tried to delete Safari off my phone quite yet.
  • I'm not a fan of the zoom.  There are really only two levels of zoom-unreadably tiny and readable.  I don't like that I can't customize my zoom. 
Obviously, there are more positives and I think I could get over/used to the whole zoom thing.  The only thing that prevents total Opera use is the fact that I can't default it so far.  
Any ideas on default?

No comments:

Post a Comment